Hi! My name is LAgirl, and I moved from New York to Louisiana. Long story short, there’s a boy, and a book, and… well. Here I am.
Probably Not 101 Things About Me:
- I have a dog named Lily.
- I lived in the same town for 25 years.
- I’ve never had a cigarette or participated in any illegal drugs.
- The only binge drinking I’ve ever done were on my 25th birthday in Vegas, and in Ireland, because really. It’s Ireland.
- Oh yeah, I’ve been to Ireland.
- I’m a grad student at a southern Louisiana university.
- Louisiana is SO not my state. It’s February right now and 80 damn degrees. This is Not Good for summer.
- I used to cut myself for fun and profit. Just kidding. It wasn’t fun and I didn’t profit.
- I met my best friend in a Ragnarok Online game. She’s Mormon. The two are unrelated, I just think it’s neat.
- I met my boyfriend in a Star Wars club online when we were 12. Are you seeing a pattern here?
- I’m a geek getting used to Linux that also knits and sews.
- I work at A Big Store where one Buys Things That Are Not Apparel.
- Or Electronics.
- I also really don’t want to get Dooced.
- I try very hard not to hate people, but my future MIL makes it very hard.
- I’m diagnosed with depression & anxiety.
- My former therapist thinks I was abused in my past based on how I react to certain things.
- I tend to believe her.
- Don’t tickle me. Ever. Or you’ll be driving me to the hospital when I crack my head open diving under a desk and sobbing hysterically.
- I’m dissociative. Look it up.
- I wrote a book. It isn’t published yet. Still working on that.
- Things I miss include: cable TV, way too much food in my pantry, my friend Dani, my parents, my two cats I left in NY, and… okay, well, a lot of things, like snow.
- I am unfortunately blessed with an inability to process heat well and thusly look like I’m going to die when I’m hot. Hello, summer!
- I’m also that one person that mosquitoes will chase down the road. True story.
- I have no idea what my natural hair color would look like on my head right now. It’s dirty blonde-ish, that I know.
- Right now, it’s red.